45 Fun and Spicy Date Night at Home Ideas
My husband and I just celebrated fourteen years of marriage. One of the things that keeps us close is setting aside intentional time together as a couple.
Date night has also been one of our greatest struggles.
With busy work schedules and four kids, going out for date night has not always been easy to arrange, or in our budget.
However, with some creativitiy and imagination, you can have fun together as a couple on the regular without springing for a babysitter.
Discover the power of prayer to change your marriage
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
3 of my favorite cheap date ideas couples can do for fun at home
Netflix and chill.
Bring dinner and a movie to the comfort of your home (in your jammies or your skivvies) and save some major moola by waiting a few weeks or so for the latest blockbuster to stream on Netflix.
Couples who play together have way more fun together. Pick your poison–board game, card game, or video game–for a friendly competition.
Bonus: if you’re feeling extra friendly, consider making it a game of strip.
Pack a picnic.
Picnics are a fun way to enjoy your own backyard with your favorite person. They’re easy to pack up, and you can take them anywhere.
If the weather’s less than optimal, you can picnic on the floor in your home or even in your car.
45 romantic date night at home ideas
If you’re running short on romantic date ideas, here are 45 of my favorite date night at home ideas. If you do one date night each week, these will last you almost a whole year!
- Indoor picnic by candlelight.
- Backyard picnic and stargazing.
- DIY “Chopped” cooking challenge.
- Wine or cider tasting.
- Card or board game night.
- Film fest – first movie you watched together, and favorite movies.
- Order takeout.
- Share a dessert together.
- Picnic and a movie in the minivan (on your laptop).
- Read poetry to each other.
- Play Netflix Roulette.
- Get dressed up for a night in.
- Listen to a favorite mixtape or playlist together.
- Turn on the radio and guess what song is coming up next.
- Reminisce about your first date.
- Candlelit massage and music.
- Enjoy your hot tub or pool if you have one.
- Play video games.
- Have breakfast in bed.
- Karaoke night (YouTube if you don’t have a machine.)
- Fondue night.
- Ice cream night.
- DIY paint night.
- Roast hot dogs or marshmallows.
- Cuddle in front of the fireplace.
- Prepare an exotic or favorite meal together.
- DIY pizza night.
- Strip trivia.
- Create a vision board together.
- Blindfold taste test.
- Learn to dance on YouTube.
- Take a walk up the street.
- Candlelit bubble bath.
- Write each other love notes and read them.
- Spa night.
- Netflix comedy show.
- “Power’s Out” date night by candlelight.
- Plan a scavenger hunt.
- Act out a scene from a romance novel.
- Turn your bedroom into a hotel room, complete with mints on the pillows.
- Build a fort together.
- Have a Nerf gun war.
- Create a time capsule and bury it in your backyard.
- Theme night. (i.e. Italian, Mexican, 1980s, etc.)
- Strip Twister.
Do you have a favorite date night at home idea? Share it in the comments below!
Hey there! I'm a wife to my high school sweetheart, and homeschooling mom to four kids. I'm also a planner junkie and a secret shower singer.
When I'm not doing the mom thing, you can find me curled up with a good book and a hot cup of chai.
I can occasionally be found hiding from my kids here:
Hey there! I'm Kat, homeschooling mom of four. I'm on a journey to design a life I don't want to hide in the bathroom from. Sound good to you? Hope you'll join me!